I have spent the past couple of days deciding on the four novels I will be reading throughout the semester. I'm finding it difficult to choose only four out of the fifty because I'd like to read so many of them.
So far I've chosen to read "Girl With the Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier, and "The Nanny Diaries" by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. Both of the novels have been successful enough to be turned into movies, and share similar themes of coming of age and finding oneself through difficult situations. The protagonists are both confident and determined women doing jobs that they'd never thought they'd have to do.
My next task is to find two more books that fit the themes and similarities of the two listed above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm kind of in the same position as you; I've picked 3 novels, but I'm now I have to decide upon which fourth novel I will read.
Yeah, I know it's difficult!
The other connection is both movies star Scarlet Johansson. :)
Oh I didn't know that! That's so funny!
Post a Comment