After reading the first chapter of The Nanny Diaries, these are some comments I had:
I really like this book! I can already relate to the protagonist.
Nanny is narrating, and it starts off with her putting up her childcare ad. As she’s walking through Central Park, a little boy runs into her. After talking with his Chanel dressed, upper Manhattan living mother, Nanny is offered a job working for the family. The woman introduces herself as Mrs. X.
We also meet Nanny’s grandmother, a hip and loving tai chi doing grandma.
The genre of this novel is also coming of age, and the themes represent the independence and confidence that Nanny possesses while she is trying to find herself, along with doing what she can to get by – in this case, a part time job as a nanny.
I can’t wait to read this book. Nanny sounds so adorable and full of energy. I think it’ll be a great read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment